Outline of the Role:
Product Systems team supports client commitment to elevate our guests experience through the strategic delivery of reliable and sustainable solutions from Product concept to Finished goods production.
Come join an excited and talented engineering team who is leading the transformation of Product technology. This is a team which is in process of its transformation from a traditional monolith architecture to cloud based service architecture. As a Tech Lead, you will work with technology and solution leaders from our Sourcing & Quality domains, defining the roadmap and developing solution, logical & physical architecture plans to initiate enterprise-grade solutions across the organization. Serve as a primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as provide through leadership and incorporate best practices in Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices design and implementation
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with key business stakeholders to understand the functional requirements and design solutions by collaborating with solution architect
- Strives to unblock other team members, reduces waste by being the facilitator of an effective environment in technical and people side
- Ensures cross-team communication on a regular basis, drives common vision, practices, and capabilities across teams
- Understands the most effective use of the team members and how to allocate them, helps others on the team show up the way we need to
- Leads the technical solution in a manner consistent with lululemon Technology’s enterprise architecture, applying common frameworks and re-usable components
- Helps ensure the operational platforms and associated interfacing data and systems have been properly architected from and end-to-end perspective to meet the functional and non-functional needs of the business
- Brings conceptual design down to a level of detail that can be physically implemented
- Works closely with domain architects and development teams to support and guide solution implementations and acts as an advisor for technical resources
- Develops and maintain current and future-state architecture models
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, emerging technologies and develop Proof-Of-Concept projects to validate same
- Mentors project delivery teams on adopting to DevOps model, new ideas/technologies
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Requirements:
- Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ year experience designing solutions in Retail domain
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture & knowledge of challenges related to building cloud-native apps
- Experience working with solutions in Sustainability + Quality Management System domain
- Expert in design and development of Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud applications
- Expert is design and development of RESTful APIs using JAX-RS and JSON
- Experience on transforming a legacy monolithic application to a microservice based application Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed systems
- Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes or other container schedulers
- Knowledge of Amazon ECS or other cloud container services
- Experience using IaaS, PaaS from Amazon AWS
- Understanding of security using SSL protocols and data encryption
- Experience using Git and GitLab
- Strong understanding of DevOps, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience working with relational databases Postgres/Oracle, strong understanding of SQL concepts
- Experience in developing single page applications using Angular framework is a plus
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously